-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Wednesday Vignette

Ghosts of the season nearly past.  I love the way leaves in our wet climate leave marks on concrete.



These will all fade by spring but for now they're a nice reminder of a mild fall. 

Wednesday Vignette is hosted by the incomparable Anna at Flutter and Hum.  Click here to check out Vignettes shared by other bloggers!

10 comments:

  1. Love that second image -- it's like a flurry of bats! Best photo I'll see today I bet. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I know what you mean, Alan - lovely image indeed! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm always fascinated by nature's leaf prints.....oddly, this year I don't believe we had any on our sidewalks or driveway. Hmmmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love how leaves do this. I have plenty of those on some of my concrete surfaces too. Great pictures, thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bats! I love your photos and Alan's interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the leaf imprints. In contrast, the only prints I find on my paving stones are from raccoon claws.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those imprints too. To me the pattern looks like marble. Or at least it did at first, now all I see are bats...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I took many pictures of frosty fallen leaves but they all seemed like clichés. You have brought a new twist to make it something special.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.