-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Willow Tree Gardens and Interiors Part 2: The Christmas Open House

Some years, I save all of my Christmas visit posts for the twelve days of Christmas which start on the twenty-fifth of December. However, I (mostly) love the holiday season and since advent is a time of preparation, it's fun to think about possibilities now. Even though I'd like to be more curmudgeonly about the crazy month - long carnival that Christmas has become, I find myself smiling at strangers in stores and humming along with the carols blaring from every speaker ever made.

Foxes seem to be very popular this year and reminded me of Shirley who collects them and writes the blog Rock-Oak-Deer.  This is a slink little number if ever I've seen one.

Frosty white.
More foxes!





You're telling me!  Although, our temperatures have warmed considerably since our recent freezing nights and it's raining again, it's still a bit chilly.

It's a crime that we don't have cardinals here.  Would that be a cardinal sin? 


It might be fun to someday do a tree all in sliver. 


Forgot to take a picture of the complimentary cookies and warm beverages.  Isn't this time of year (mostly) fun?

I love the twig wreaths displayed on old windows like this.  

Did I mention Foxes? 



Cool use for trellises.



Not quite a multitude of the heavenly host.

One last fox for the road. 
I hope you enjoyed coming along on this annual event.  There are more Christmas open houses  to come!

21 comments:

  1. All those Christmas foxes are so cool! Love it all! I added about five this year though I've seen so many it could have been way more. I've never seen a fox slinky but I have to have it. I hope it's online somewhere.

    So fun you thought of me when you saw those.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can't find a slinky fox online, let me know and I'd be happy to get one here and send it to you.

      Delete
    2. That is so thoughtful Peter! I'll be back in touch.

      Delete
  2. Honestly, I could do without the decorating and the constant music. A very cheerful and loud Christmas carol woke us this morning when the radio alarm went off, so I'm a bit grumpy. Love those twig wreaths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some years, I feel a lot more grinchy about the whole thing myself. Can't deal with cheerful first thing in the morning!

      Delete
  3. Yep! This time of year IS (mostly) fun! I'm (mostly) enjoying it vicariously this year - via the photos and experience of others. I'm content to have it so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many years, I do the same and enjoy the lack of work when it comes time to put everything away again.

      Delete
  4. I'm still laughing at Alison's comment. Woke by a Christmas carol, grumpy all day. I'm the opposite, having already programmed all the stations that play Christmas music 24/7 into my car stereo. Still haven't pulled out the CD's at home yet. Must do that today!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her comment made me laugh too! Some years, I feel the same way but I'm kind if enjoying hearing the songs and seeing the carnival of Christmas this year.

      Delete
  5. This looks really fantastic. Having a new house makes us want to start decorating again. It has been years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see more of your new house and garden!

      Delete
  6. It may be fashionable to be curmudgeonly, but I much prefer the smiling, enjoy every minute approach. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to look forward to all of it this year.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful displays but another reminder of just how close Christmas is! I used to finish my shopping in October so I could enjoy holiday decorating but those days are gone - if I wasn't at least partly in denial, I'd be in a panic right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denial is a good thing. I haven't started shopping/making things yet and time is running out!

      Delete
  8. Oh, I do love it! We'll be making our annual field trip to Christmas shops on Monday, Wight's of course, and this year Sky Nursery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You influenced me greatly last year with your post about decorating just for the joy of it. Also visited Wight's for the first time last weekend because of your post. Wow!

      Delete
  9. Nope, still not ready for Christmas, here. It's terrible that I'm such a Grinch, now, as I used to love the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful trees and decorations. I feel like I would go to more effort with decorations if I lived somewhere where Christmas day wasn't bang in the middle of summer. There's something appealing about being inside near a fire with a lit up tree. Usually all we're focused on is standing in front of the air conditioner. Also, beautiful as they are, the person who has to pack them up has a rough job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could do with a few of your foxes to come here and keep guard over my snakeshead fritillaries when they flower in March/ April ! Thinking about it, you might have given me an idea - watch this space!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.