-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Rainy Day Nursery Hopping Continued: Valley Nursery

While any time is a good time to visit nurseries, it was time to spend nursery dollars earned during the summer at Valley Nursery so off we went!


Clever use of Corokia cotoneaster as a tree in this miniature garden.

The idea if miniature gardens is growing on me.  

No space for large landscape projects?  Shrink it down and voila...

Yummy foliage patterns on this Aloe spp. 

Wouldn't it be nice to have enough space for more Callicarpa bushes? 

More treasures for inside. 


This bromeliad/tillandsia/moss covered arbor is a cool idea that may need to be copied in my greenhouse.



Indoor fun.


I've long been a fan of the urchin shell tillandsia creature.

A perfect combination!

Another bright idea.
I got but somehow forgot to photograph three more heucheras - 'Forever Purple' (I lived with one through last winter and this summer and it's a gorgeous thing in all seasons) 'Electra' because the blood-red veins are shockingly fabulous against the golden to chartreuse foliage, and 'Electric Lime' that has solid chartreuse foliage in the summer but in cooler weather develops red veins similar to 'Electra.'  Also making it's way into the wagon was a Roman woman head planter.  If two heads are better than one, a lot of them must be pretty great, right?

5 comments:

  1. I know I keep saying this, but the nurseries in your part of the country are really amazing; I've never seen such stunning displays. I think you are on to something with these mini-gardens, in due time they may be the only type of garden I'll be able to keep up with. And just think, they're at the perfect height and if in a wagon, portable! What's not to love? (And somewhere there MUST be a miniscule pink flamingo for sale.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love visiting nurseries as well Peter. I'd make this one shrinking landscape.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should build that Tillandsia/moss arbor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I like those little mini/potted gardens, too. It looks like that place has a lot of whimsical items to buy! How nice to have a little money to spend on garden stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the table (potting bench?) made with the red wagon. We still have a red wagon in the garage from many years ago. I don't think Judy would let me convert it into anything, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.