-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

I'm No Longer Dreaming of a White Christmas

Because here in the Pacific Northwest, we had one for the first time in years!  It started snowing during the day of the 24th and by the time we returned home late on Christmas eve, there was a bit of accumulation.  I had my phone in hand and snapped this picture.  The phone has been throwing weird purple color into images sometimes.  This time it was rather pleasing.


Snow fell on and off during the night and continued to fall all morning on Christmas.

A heavy wet snow perfect for making snowballs and snow people.

























 By late on Christmas day,  most of the snow on main roads has melted but a few patches remain in the garden.  Tonight the temperatures are predicted to be in the mid to upper twenties which will freeze the water on the roads and make driving dangerous.  Thank goodness we don't have to drive tomorrow.  Although, the after Christmas sales at Watson's, Molbak's and other nurseries are starting then.  Happy Boxing Day/St. Stephen's Day!

20 comments:

  1. It is so pretty. Ours is still on the ground. I love the way your ornaments look in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, snow. Just not to drive on. Be careful out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and yes, stay home, be careful. We still have lots on the ground here, we await the Great Melt. Merry Christmas, Peter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice pictures! I especially like the one with the snow caps on the little pink flowers. It's great to see what the weather forecast actually looked like. I bet you are no stranger to snow, are you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we had snow...instead ice...lots of ice. I am so tired of ice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just about as excited to see fog this morning -- it's been a long time! Be safe and warm, Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty frosting on the plants. Now you have about the same amount of snow we've had this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have enjoyed your snowy Christmas! Here we had no snow for Christmas. Our last white Christmas was in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can't beat snow when it comes to its decorative qualities! Do stay home safe and sound and just enjoy a little down time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Boxing Day! I never even went outside yesterday, so I didn't get any closeups of the snow on my plants. There's been a bit of melting this morning, but I don't plan to leave the house today either. I think I'll be content to just look at your snow closeups. Stay safe, and try not to be tempted by nursery sales.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, how wonderful does it all look. Staying off icy roads sounds like a good plan.

    Have a great week Peter ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is your phone an HTC by chance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Does yours do the same thing? Only happens sometimes.

      Delete
  13. I loved the snow, especially since we were able to drive in it without much trouble. It made Christmas even more special.
    I love your snow pics. I didn't have much time with my camera of Dec 25th. We do still have snow here on the hill on the 26th.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We had a similar amount but not so wet and clingy. Love that purple effect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How pretty to have a white Christmas. It looks pretty but will your agaves survive?

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun. Your plants all look nice with a good powdering of snow. Aren't you glad you don't have to trudge out into it. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope your plants don't suffer too much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I imagine a white Christmas is a rare event there - all the kids (young and old) must have loved it. Pretty while it lasts. We had similar, the radio said it hadn't snowed on Christmas for 15 years. My kids made a snowman that day as I recall. All grown up now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A white Christmas for you! We have just a 'little' more snow than you right now, but it's been fun skiing. I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.